BUT this year I will attempt anyways, new solutions and such are good, right? In the newspaper today it says that we almost never succeed with new year´s resolutions, but what if I set not-so-high goals and make them last for the entire year? Maybe it´ll work?
And I challenge you to think about this as well! I got a book from my mom that she bough when we were in Antwerp this fall, it´s a book for a 5-year period where you basically put down your main goals for the year, potential downfalls and then how to solve them. You do it once a year and follow up every time next year. Without infringing on the copyright here, I will try to explain a little bit about what I will do:
1. Put down goals:
MY MAIN GOAL: To find something, may it be an organization, job, activity, friend, etc. that helps me work with what I am passionate about: women´s leadership.
2. Problems that might pop up:
a) I hinder myself working in negative circles and not going anywhere.
b) I loose sight of what is out there.
c) (Insert another one if you have one.)
3. Solutions to think of right now that may come in handy:
a) Keep going! Pushing through even though I feel insecure and drained on energy.
b) TALKING to friends, family, mentors, others for inspiration and support.
c) Putting myself out there.
WHO HAVE BEEN VALUABLE THIS YEAR AND DESERVE APPRECIATION:
– My mom
– My professors at Wittenberg
– Lacey, Swati, Chaunta, The Conksters, Maria, Erika
– My family
WHAT DO I LIKE THE MOST ABOUT MYSELF:
– I´m social and outgoing, when feeling secure I am a lot of fun!
– I am vulnerable and realizing that is key to future work.
– I work hard and even when I may not be super interested in what I do I have high work ethics.
– I am brave. Not always, but often.
BIG THINGS I HAVE REALIZED THIS YEAR (AND WANT TO CONTINUE REMEMBERING):
– True friends continue to be there even though there is an ocean keeping you apart.
– A man of quality is not threatened by a woman of equality.
– Alcohol in large amounts doesn´t make life more fun.
– I can make a change.
– Write one entry a day in this blog an on my Swedish blog, franckies.wordpress.com (that one has the same texts as this one, but in Swedish).
– When I have time and energy (aka when I stop commuting): start to work out again.
– Make more creative things, may it be knitting, painting or any other fun stuff that puts my mind at ease.
– Reusing and recycling more. Not buying so much stuff. Buying a few things of good quality and good ethical and environmental source rather than quantity of things I don´t really want.
Ok, shall we do it? YES WE CAN.
Happy New Year!